Friday, October 2, 2009

Game On!!

I know I have felt it. I know I have been there. I know how it ends BUT I wanna go there again.

Recently I met a boy, he was cute, funny, kind, sweet and after our date I realised he just wasn't for me. Maybe its because of all the factors I just set forth. I decided either way that it just wasn't worth pursuing. I was not going to contact him again.
I sat and thought of this and realised that because of his ability to be nice to me I just didn't have the ooomph to go meet him.

That was a Friday.

Saturday and Sunday kind of rolled into a weekend blur and by Monday I realised this boy hadn't contacted me either. That wasn't how I wanted to play it. I was supposed to be flipping him off not the other way around.

Now I want him!!

Which got me to thinking why is it that the 'Thrill of the chase' always feels so good even though the reality is normally a let down. When we actually reach our destination, we have this person so perfect in our head that they rarely, if ever, are the person we want. So why chase the dream if it wasn't what we wanted in the first place?

I from personal experience know the answer! I didn't think the date went great BUT I did think he had nice qualities. So now because he hasn't contacted me does that mean that I am not so great or that my qualities are bad or did he meet a better person and forget about me.
Do I want to believe 'He's just not that into me' or is his air of mystery and aloof a beacon that maybe I missed something. Maybe he's not the person I thought he was and I dismissed him too quickly. More often than not I will believe the latter which ensues the craziness.
I may not want him but I want him to want me and the fear of rejection propels me to new dizziness.

Suddenly this boy is all I can think of. It's as if he went from being Captain Sparrow to Johnny Depp in 0 to 60. He's appeal has shot through the roof and all because he didn't text.
Girls always complain that men don't treat us right and we can never find a decent one. 'All the good ones are married, gay or dead' is what I often hear and there I was on a date with a really nice guy and I didn't like him till he treated me mean. The sad reality is that women love the excitement, the not knowing what comes next, the unpredictability. We think he must be worth it, if he can afford to be so picky then he must be great in bed etc. It's sad but true.

Game On!

So which character will you be, the Chaser or the Chased?

Are you going to be the one that starts the flirtatious game of texts and come to bed eyes or are you the one that wants him to 'stalk' you and woo you? If you are the first then your the Chaser and the second your the Chased.

The game rules: (I will say the male is the chaser for this experiment, the female the chased)

The Chaser will feed you sweet compliments, will wine and dine you, will make you feel warm and fuzzy while complimenting you and making you feel like your the only one in the world for him.

The Chased will lap it up, feeling secure in the attention of the Chaser, she will be falling at his feet in order to receive more attention. She will expect him to be in contact alot and make her feel like she is the best thing in the world.

These seem to be big differences between the both but in reality they are both the same!

Everyone wants to feels wanted. The Chaser feels wanted because he is giving the Chased what she needs and the Chased feels wanted because she is receiving the Chasers attention. The silly thing is that when the Chaser catches the Chase he will no longer want to spend his life feeding her ego so either the Chased gives up the attention seeking or both move on and thats when you get the age old saying 'The thrill of the Chase'. Basically it boils down to being wanted by the person who doesn't want you.
So what your really doing to each other is chasing a dream left in the ruins along time ago! So have fun while it last!! I am off to send a text (",)

No comments: